Notice to clients of Authorisation of Mahon Sweeney Solicitors to operate as an LLP (Limited Liability Partnership)
S.I. No. 519/2019 – Legal Services Regulation Act, 2015 (Limited Liability Partnerships) (Section 130) Regulations 2019.
Under the Legal Services Regulation Act, 2015 (Limited Liability Partnerships) (Section 130) Regulations 2019 (S.I. No 519 of 2019) we are required, as soon as practicable after we have been authorised to operate as an LLP, to provide the following information to our clients and creditors:-
- Mahon Sweeney Solicitors have been authorised to operate, and is now operating, as an LLP.
- The LLP has been authorised with effect from the 1st of November 2020.
- From the 1st of November 2020, as set out in Section 123 of the Legal Services Regulation Act, 2015 (subject to the exceptions listed therein), a partner in the LLP has no personal liability for any debts liabilities or obligations which are incurred for the purpose of carrying on the business of the LLP (whether these are liabilities of the LLP, or himself or herself, of another partner or partners in the LLP or of any employee, agent or representative of the LLP) however such liability may arise.
- That c) above relates only to the personal liability of the partners and does not prevent or restrict the enforcement against the property of the LLP of any debt, liability or obligation; and
- That from the 1st of November 2020 the Partnership Act, 1890 applies to the LLP to the extent that it is not inconsistent with Chapter 3 of Part 8 of the Legal Services Regulation Act, 2015.